Michael J. Joyce
Mike is a member of the firm, focusing his practice in the areas of corporate bankruptcy and commercial litigation. Mike has significant experience representing debtor and non-debtor corporations in bankruptcy and restructuring matters, including work on behalf of debtors, lenders, secured creditors, lien claimants, trade creditors, vendors, asset purchasers, equipment lessors, landlords and preference defendants. Mike also represents parties in corporate and commercial law matters including breach of fiduciary duty claims, non-compete litigation and general contract disputes.
Prior to joining O’Kelly Ernst & Joyce, LLC, Mike was a partner at Cross & Simon, in the firm’s Wilmington, Delaware office.
Mike is admitted to practice before the Delaware Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He is a member of the Delaware State Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Represented Littleford Day as debtor in its chapter 11 proceeding
- Represented creditors’ committee in Quantum Foods
- Telit Communications S.p.A., Telit Wireless Solutions Inc. v. Mentor Graphics Corporation, Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Ltd.
- U.S. Composite Pipe South, LLC v. Allan A. Meyers, LP, Safeco Insurance of America, Arch Insurance Company
- Representation of employee claimants in Washington Mutual, Inc. chapter 11 proceedings
- Representation of landlords in Draw Another Circle chapter 11 proceedings
- Representation of secured creditor in Energy Future Holdings chapter 11 proceedings
- Representation of oil and gas creditors in Samson, Magnum Hunter and Chaparral chapter 11 proceedings